Web design is made out to be a simple process, but there are a lot of factors to consider in the back-end of things. Professionals in the industry will add tremendous value to your website. It is a living breathing thing that needs attention. It's a staff member that needs to be treated well or it won't give you a return on your investment.
Consider the following:
- How do I make my website rank in Google?
- How do I see who visits my site?
- How do I get a form for people to sign up for my newsletter?
- What is SEO?
- How do I optimize my database?
- What are database tables?
- What factors make page load speed up?
- How are images optimized for the web?
- How do I move my website to another server?
- What is FTP?
- What is SSL and how do I get it onto my site?
- Can you set up firstname.lastname@example.org emails?
- Why should I not use info@?
It's not just the design on the front end we work on as web designers and developers. Professionals in the industry can work with you to make a smooth website and have the expertise to get all the above questions addressed.
There are a lot more factors to consider then meets the eye. We have invested time and education to know all the ins and outs.